Happy 2012! We have plenty to be excited about for the new year at Vision Quest Coaching! As much as I might love the holidays, I think I’m more thrilled about what’s happening at Vision Quest this year. It mainly involves an upgrade to our Chicago training facility, where we got things started more than five years ago on Elston Ave. We relocated from our original space to what was supposed to be temporary digs in the 1800 block of Fullerton, but we liked it so much–and the space it offered–that we decided to stay.
We wanted to create a space where the VQ community can get fit, have fun and train together at 1880 W. Fullerton. So since the move we’ve been steadily VQ-izing this training facility and getting it set for a Grand Re-Opening party on Friday, January 6.
Here are some of the amenities you’ll find at the new facility:
- Showers and locker rooms – we can all go to work clean
- Plenty of non metered parking – so no more driving around to find a space
- Mirrors around the stage and strength training area- So we can look at our good looking faces
- More CompuTrainers – yes, you heard right!
- Increased hours of operation (off-peak)
- And more will be coming as the year unfolds.
As for the celebration, it’s a chance to see fellow VQers, usher in the New Year, and meet Dr. Allen Lim. In fact, Dr. Lim will be preparing the food with a little help from his newly released cookbook. If you want to learn more about nutrition, hydrating and training tips to improve athletic performance, you won’t want to miss Dr. Lim–he’s a wealth of knowledge.
Come in and check us out!